We are on the hunt for Singapore's most inclusive places.
This role is for an energetic, tech-savvy individual who is capable of motivating diverse grassroots groups to achieve amazing things.
In this role you will:
- Engage and work with groups of lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans people, people with disabilities, diverse women, other groups and allies.
- Teach groups how to use the tools for find and rating the inclusiveness of places.
- Gather feedback data from these groups about their experiences.
- Work as part of our user engagement team.
- Contribute to making the world a more inclusive place.
This is a project-based, paid position based in Singapore.
Flexible hours with minimum 10 to 15 hours per week, from July 2017 to September 2017.
This is what you will need for the job:
- Singaporean citizenship or permanent residence.
- An outstanding track-record of working with diverse groups to achieve a common goal.
- Firsthand experience on issues related to one or more of the following is essential: gender, sexuality, race or ethnicity or disabilities;
- A passion for smartphone apps, social media and other digital tools;
- Highly proficient communication skills in written and spoken English. Proficiency in Bahasa Melayu, Mandarin or other languages widely spoken in Singapore will be advantageous;
- Honesty, maturity and professionalism enabling collaboration and negotiation within a diverse and inclusive environment.
- Self-discipline and ability to deliver high quality results with minimal supervision.
- Familiarity with sociopolitical environment in Singapore is essential. Knowledge of current affairs in Southeast Asia and other parts of the developing world is an advantage;
- Familiarity with B-Change Group’s portfolio of work an advantage;
- Curiosity and passion for continual learning;
- Able to work independently, comfortable with working remotely and in flexible working hours arrangement; and,
- Able to maintain productivity as a member of an international team that works remotely.
B-Change encourages expressions of interest from capable individuals who are women, transgender people, ethnic or racial minorities, people living with HIV, refugees or people living with disabilities.
Submit your expression of interest using our online form. Deadline for submission has been extended to July 14, 2017 at 6pm (Singapore-time).
We promote positive social change through technology. We are on a bold mission to build an app that helps makes the world a more inclusive place for everyone.
Our vision is for lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans people, people with disabilities, diverse women, allies and business to be at the frontline in making cities more inclusive.
Our partners include Ashoka, Levi Strauss Foundation, United Nations Development Programme, USAID, Brand Union and Javasparks. We work in conjunction with Google.
We have broad expertise in business development, technology, social media, media, communications, marketing, social justice advocacy and public health.
We have hubs in Manila, New York and Singapore.
*This post was updated on July 10, 2017*