Passionate professionals needed to join a pioneer technology team that seeks to harness web and mobile technology for community development.
Contracts now on offer for Singaporean citizens and permanent residents in Singapore. Options available for non-Singapore-based candidates with exemplary qualifications. Potential for conversion to a full-time, permanent contracts for outstanding candidates.
B-Change Technology was founded in 2011 to deliver technology-based services for community development organisations. It is headquartered in Singapore with a regional outlook.
The B-Change Group has several regional and global projects on-going for organisations such as the United Nations, Levi Strauss Foundation and other international non-government organisations.
More information on the B-Change Group available at: www.b-change.org
Please send cover letter, bio and/or CV, as well as relevant links to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re looking to expand our team. If selected for a second round of review, you will be tested by team members competent to evaluate your skills to ensure that you are a good fit.
Successful candidates will become a member of B-Change Technology’s Team and report to the Project Manager.
The team member is expected to:
- Participate in a team-oriented environment to develop complex web-based and mobile applications
- Maintain existing codebase, as well as troubleshoot bugs and add new features
- Develop and maintain dynamic websites and applications
- Coordinate with Project Managers, and co-developers
- Send regular updates about project status
- Deliver high-quality source code in PHP/Ruby independently
- Create highly complex, customized applications to enhance website capability based on business needs
All candidates must:
- Have thorough knowledge of, and competency with, PHP5/RUBY, HTML5, CSS3, jQuery, Ajax
- Have a demonstrated track record programming in Ajax, PHP and Ruby on Rails.
- Have at least one (1) year of experience on commercial or open-source projects
- Use of issue/version tracking applications like JIRA
- Have competency and/or understanding of front-end development including jQuery and understanding of Ajax
- Experience in developing for desktop and mobile applications.
- Have an understanding of MVC design patterns and frameworks
- Write efficient code and document code effectively, clearly and concisely
- Be willing to learn new things
Highly Preferred Skills & Experience
The following skills, though non-essential, are considered highly advantageous:
- Knowledge of fundamentals and use of GIT
- Capable of understanding and implementing project requirements
- Competency with functional testing and alpha/beta testing
- Ability to work with creative people
- Experience of object oriented programming / modular programming
- Experience of the full software development lifecycle: from requirements gathering and functional specification authoring, to development, testing and delivery
Desired Skills & Experience
All candidates must:
- Be proficient in English; skills in Asian languages are an advantage.
- Be socially and environmentally conscious.
- Be professional and strive for high quality in all things produced
- Have enthusiasm and an interest in all things technology
- Have excellent communication skills and the ability to guide developers in order to improve code quality.
Applications are welcome from Singapore citizens and permanent residents. Submissions from applicants from outside of Singapore will be accepted based on demonstrated skills and experience.
- Ability to work across platforms (MAC and PC) an advantage
- A strong communicator and self-motivated
- Comfortable working independently as well as part of a remote team
- Experience in participating or leading in Agile Scrum Methodologies an advantage.
Our organization seeks to nurture an inclusive and diverse work environment that accepts people from all ethnicities, religions, sexual orientations and gender identities who share the same values of mutual respect and responsibility.
We seek to provide opportunities for people of all ages (especially young professional under the age of 30 years old and women technologists) and encourage professionals living with HIV to apply.